Shop the Holiday Grocery Sales and Save a Bundle! And Don’t Forget to Stock Up!
In a time of year when overspending is too often the theme, you might be surprised to find that certain grocery items tend to take a seasonal price drop. Read on to see which household staples leave room in the budget during the holiday season:
- Butter: This is a main ingredient in most holiday dishes, and lucky for you, prices will drop from around $4 a box to $2 at most major grocery chains. And since butter freezes nicely, it’s a good idea to stock up for the coming New Year.
- Sugar: Sugar never tasted so sweet with a $1-$2 price cut, especially of the brown sugar and powdered sugar variety.
- Bacon: Everything tastes better with bacon, especially when a bag that typically runs in the $3 -$6 dollar price range can get as low as $1.50 per pack. Bonus: Bacon freezes well, so you can have it for breakfast on Christmas morning and all year round.
- Plastics, Foils, Storage Containers: ‘Tis the time of year for leftovers, so it’s a good thing these products go on sale in December. Look out for deals you wouldn’t normally get any other time of year, and stock up if you can.
- Poultry: Stores need to empty their freezers full of turkey, chicken, and even Cornish hens, so you may see prices as low as 40 cents per pound. Just make sure you have plenty of room in your freezer and get your entrees taken care of for months to come.
- Crackers: Since the grocery stores know holiday parties serving dips and cheese are a-plenty this time of year, it’s likely you’ll see sales on every type of cracker. An unopened box will stay fresh for quite some time.
Be sure to check out CoolSavings’ selection of Printable Grocery Croupons where you’ll find plenty of savings off baking staples, paper products, and much more! Also, if you haven’t already done so, be sure to follow CoolSavings on Facebook for up-to-the-minute savings and tips on groceries and holiday shopping!