Spring Wardrobe Must-Haves
Has your style been hibernating under bulky coats and sweaters all winter? Then embrace the arrival of spring with a little wardrobe pick-me-up, by incorporating a few of these 2013 spring trends into your style. From lots of lace to striking stripes, there is a little something for everyone.
- Florals: Spring is all about flowers in bloom, so it's no wonder that pretty florals are making their way into your wardrobe. Pair a silky, floral blouse with crisp, white shorts to get an enviably sweet look.
- Mints: It's time to warm up to this cool color, because mint is just about everyone this season. You can incorporate it into your wardrobe in many ways: Ease into the trend with a mint bangle, or dive right in with eye-catching skinny jeans.
- Cuffs: When it comes to cuffs, the bolder and chunkier, the better. As the temperatures continue to rise, this is an easy way to raise the interest factor on a simple outfit.
- Skirts: They are easy to wear, look great on every body type, and are appropriate for just about any occasion. Need we say more?
- Color: Now that the dull days of winter are over, it's time to embrace color. And when it comes to your spring wardrobe, the there's no such thing as too much. Fill your closet with colorful shoes, bags, tops, and bottoms.
- Lace: We just can't get enough of this ultra-feminine fabric. Look lovely by layering a lace top over a complementing tank, or show off your gams in a lace mini skirt.
- Stripes: If overly feminine and soft trends don't suit your taste, then get on board with nautical-inspired stripes. It's the perfect way to set sail into spring. Try pairing a white and navy top with tailored pants for a refreshingly crisp look.
- Patterned pants: Go for bold with a pair of patterned pants. Whether you go floral, animal, or geometric, just keep the rest of your outfit simple. Think simple white top and neutral shoes when experimenting with this look.
- Blazer: It's the go-to spring jacket, and for good reason. A well-tailored blazer can make just about any outfit look polished and put together. Just make sure you opt for a lightweight material so you can wear it all season long.
- Pleats: And no, we don't mean the pleated khaki pants that your mom used to wear. Instead, try a pleated accordion skirt, and finish the look with wedges and a simple tank.